Wednesday, February 2, 2011

American Art: Fun Fact

Hi! So I need to improve my ability to write brief posts! Everything I am working on at the moment is a mile long - I am a researcher at heart so I do not want to "publish" anything that is not thorough...not the point of a blog!

So, a fun little American Art fact that will be fantastic cocktail party material :)

Did you know that this photo titled A Very Young Baby, N.Y.C. 1968 by famed and (arguably) tragic photographer Diane Arbus...

Add Image

Is actually a portrait of this guy?!!??

(Anderson Cooper Adult Photo Source)

Yep, hottie Anderson Cooper was the subject of a 1968 shoot by Diane Arbus for a Harper's Bazaar spread. When Anderson's mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, saw the photo she refused to allow Harper's to publish it! (This is the same mother of Anderson Cooper who took him with her to Studio 54 when he was just a child...) It has now become one of Arbus' most noted works.

Sidenote: I have spent time speaking with Anderson Cooper in person in a professional setting (no, he is not my secret boyfriend - sigh) and his eyes are like magnets. His nickname of the Silver Fox is perfectly suited for him! He is extremely handsome in person and is definitely one of those guys that will be a total hottie in his older years. When I interacted with him, he was with his "friend" Ben Maisani.


No comments:

Post a Comment